Update on Michelle

Facebook Twitter Email

We continue to be humbled by the prayers and support we receive from our faith family all across the world. With surgery behind us and some inconclusive preliminary tests, we await the full pathology report next week. We will know more about what the future holds at that time. Yet, as many of you often say, knowing Who holds our future is always better than knowing what our future holds.

The doctors are very pleased with Michelle’s condition on her first day of recovery. The kids visited with her last night. As they stood at her bedside gawking, Michelle awakened enough from her morphine haze to say, “Now I know how zoo animals feel.” We are certain her personality was unchanged by the surgery 🙂 .

I apologize for not responding to the kind and encouraging comments on my last post. I read them to Michelle again this morning and she was blessed. Thank you for the comfort you bring to us.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” (2Corinthians 1:3-4).

This entry was posted in Family, Personal Reflections and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

25 Comments

1. Alice Harris
    Posted August 17, 2012 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Sending love and prayers!

2. Joe Castello
    Posted August 17, 2012 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Paul,
    Love you guys, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Joe and Carol

3. Adrian Beard
    Posted August 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Hey Chitwood fam!!

It was so good to see you guys yesterday at the hospital!! I want to apologize for not hugging all of you guys and zooming right past!!! I was in a hurry and it didn’t even dawn on me about Michelle until I was down the road in my car. I am SORRY for doing that, I feel so bad! I want you all to know that I will be praying for every single one of you guys!! I miss you all so much!

Love,
    Adrian : )

• Posted August 24, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

Adrian, no apology! We weren’t very social ourselves at the moment. Still, it was good to see your smiling face. Your prayers are a blessing.

4. Posted August 17, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

We will continue to pray for Michelle and you guys during this time.

5. TJ Francis
    Posted August 17, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Praying for your family.

6. Bonnie Roof
    Posted August 19, 2012 at 1:34 am | Permalink

Lifting your family up to the Lord, Bro. Paul, & praying for healing! I am a cancer survivor of 12 years.
    My mother commented just last week about how she missed shaking hands with you as she exited church every Sunday. Thankful for your capable leadership at KBC, yet miss your smiling face at FBC.

Bonnie Roof

7. Susan Chancellor
    Posted August 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Keeping you and your family in our prayers. Praying for a speedy recovery! Susan and David Chancellor

8. Jay Hatfield
    Posted August 20, 2012 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Paul,

Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with Michelle & You, and your family.

Your Brothers & Sisters in Christ;
    Central Association of KY Baptist

• Posted August 24, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

Thank you Jay. We are blessed by the thoughts and prayers of our Kentucky Baptist family!

9. Terry & Julia McMaha
    Posted August 20, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

Thankful to read the good news of no cancer in lymph nodes. Praising and thanking God for His goodness and mercy. We continue praying that each day brings you closer to complete healing.

~ terry & julia (members of Highview East)

• Posted August 24, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

Terry & Julia, planning for my last Sunday at Highview. We will miss the new friends & members our your faith family! Your support and prayers have helped us!

10. Margaret Flowers
    Posted August 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

Bro Paul and Michelle,
    Joe and I have been blessed on the occasions we visited FBCMW, especially when you baptized our grandson Zachary Sloan. Also, so happy to have you as interim at Highview. Please know you are most loved at Highview! Although we have not had a chance to get to know Michelle personally, we love her too and are praying for her and we know our faith is not in doctors but in the Lord.
    Thank you for the updates.
    In Christian Love,
    Joe and Margaret Flowers

11. Posted August 21, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

All of us at Campbellsville University and Saloma Baptist Church are praying for you, Paul, Michelle, and your family. We know the Lord is with you in these days and will sustain you. Thank you for sharing your journey with Kentucky Baptists. My wife, Cathy, and I are both cancer survivors and we know, at least to some extent, what you all are facing.

Blessings,
    John Chowning

12. Cindy & Tom Pelphrey
    Posted August 21, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Tom and I continue to pray for you, Michelle and the famiy. May you find comfort and peace as you wait on the Lord. We are praying Isa. 40:31 for you today.
    Tom & Cindy

13. Pastor Jim Siler
    Posted August 22, 2012 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Chitwood family,
    We are praying for Michelle’s healing. We are also praying for all of you as you go through this trial in your lives. God’s grace is sufficient for our needs. We hope that Michelle is feeling better soon.
    Pastor Jim Siler
    Keck Baptist Church

14. Posted August 24, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

John, your letter and post have encouraged us. Thank you, as well, for the book. We hope to have the same outcome you and your bride have enjoyed. God is faithful!

15. Patti Sartin
    Posted September 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

Bro. Paul,
    Just wanted you to know that you, Michelle and the kids are in my prayers. I think of you often and miss having you at MWFBC.

God bless,